No matter we’re putting up a personal website or a commercial one, we should choose our web hosting provider wisely. The reason is that we will most definitely want our website to be seen by the largest number of people. To do that! It is important to take a little time to go over certain basic but we need factors that will ensure more visibility for our site.
Few Points to be ensured while choosing web hosting
Today there are so many web hosting providers gives different packages and offer . Each one have their own benefits and weak points. So now which one is to be choose? Even after we zone in on a particular web hosting provider, we still need to choose the hosting offer that will suit us. Every web hosting site offers many different types of packages to choose from. But the most popular type is the HostGator 75% OFF on web hosting.
So that being said, there are a few points that should make our task of choosing web hosting easier for us.
1) Server Uptime
First and the most basic point for a website to be found on the internet all the time so its depends on the server where our files are stored is online. for example its up and running at any given time frame. This is known as Server Uptime. We will find that most of the web hosting providers will claim a 99 to 99.99% server uptime. Some even claimed 100% because it’s very useful so here we need to take a good decision.
We must search for comments by users of the web hosting provider on different internet forums or on social media sites. Most of the good hosting companies have multiple servers data and power backups. A few of them will also promised 100% and they do that by guarantee or refund of fees in the eventuality that any downtime might happen so we should go there.
2) Pricing and Customer Support
Second Range of pricing and features in web hosting offers are too wide. So we want a fair budget with features and quality that suit our needs. As with any other thing, Some cheap usually gets less quality. On the other side some pricing can be special value like HostGator is offering 75% OFF. The prices of hosting packages are usually depends on the set of features. These includes data storage and bandwidth size, number of allowed domains and subdomains, Email and FTP accounts hosted, Programming languages and databases, site tools etc, and go on. If we are not familiar with them. So Don’t worry, we will cover it.
One thing more that good web hosting provider is Customer Support. They should provide customers within around the clock. Phone and internet both support is best. They may have a good collection FAQs on their site in case we might need help. So make no mistake, we will contact our hosting support service. Specially if we are serious about our websites.
3) Bandwidth and Data Storage
Now the third one thing are new to putting up websites, that you might have some knowledge about how much data bandwidth and storage is needed. The most professional people will tell you that themselves so no worries about it.
- Bandwidth; Bandwidth limit is the size or limit of data that transfers to our hosting permits per month. This is depends upon how much visitors are coming on our site. And the type of files we serve for example basic web pages, pictures or upon size of videos etc.
- Data Storage; Until we intend to host lots of data and video clips or much amount of big resolution pictures, most hosting packages will do. So try to find most offering MBs (megabytes of storage space) web hosting providers.
4) Sub-Domains & Addon Domains
- Sub Domains: Is an Internet domain which is part of a primary domain.”within the .us .pk domain. Here is we need to choose the correct offer that allows it.
- Addon Domains: We can give an addon domain email address, and more at the same way. When we create an Addon domain, three things will happen. A folder is created. A subdomain is created for primary domain & attached to the new folder.
5) Programming Language & Databases
Frontpage Server Extension, Java, Ruby CGI, oldFusion, MySQL(Unix), MsAccess, PHP5, Custom PHP.ini, Perl w/FASTCGI, MySQL(Win) etc.
These are few programming softwares and databases used by your hosting server. They are used for the more advanced web features like automated content management, user management.
6) Some Web hosting tips for good SEO
As Search Engine Optimization (SEO) professionals, we have no shortage of things to worry about.There are the old stock for us: backlinks, content creation, sitemaps etc. Uptime and your page speed are both of which are essential elements for maintaining positive organic performance.
I’m talking about Web Hosting. Big search engines like Google are known to give preference to locally hosted sites But it is for information because google algorithm changes time to time.
7) Dedicated Server vs Cloud Hosting
- Dedicated Server: They are usually used by the medium to big websites who need storage and bandwidth scalable to their requirements. They are hosted on separate physical servers. In other words they have a server rented out to them. They have full control over the server with its own unique address, hard disk, ram and bandwidth.
- Cloud Hosting: A relatively new thing in the world of web hosting, Cloud hosting is the next generation type of hosting. Instead of having one physical server, cloud hosting uses several servers located in different locations connected to each other.The main advantages of cloud hosting is the scalability factor and cost efficiency. For big websites there is big benefits. As a website grows larger than its current capability
8) Shared Hosting vs Virtual Private Server
- Shared Hosting: Most of web sites on the globe are on shared hosting. It is good for personal and small websites. They are the most economical of hosting packages. In shared hosting, a number of hosting accounts usually TEN to HUNDRED are hosted on a single physical server. Shared hosting is particularly recommended for starters and small to medium personal and commercial websites that do not host picture or video downloads.They can cost a little amount per month or annually.
- Virtual Private Servers: After shared hosting this type of hosting is usually used by medium websites with medium storage and bandwidth requirements. Virtual Private Servers are hosted on unique IPs. And are virtually like a dedicated physical stand-alone server, but with less cost than a physical dedicated server. The way it works is that multiple accounts say THREE to TEN hosted on a single server